Topics for the 64th annual Montagna Symposium on the Biology of Skin, Harnessing Stem Cells to Reveal Novel Skin Biology and Disease Treatment, will include the following:
- Properties of multi-cell types of stem cells in the skin
- Microenvironment of stem cells in the skin
- Stem cells in skin development and diseases
- Genetic and epigenetic regulations of stem cells
- Normal stem cell to cancer stem cell conversion
- Stem cell-based therapies for skin diseases
- Innovative technologies of reprogramming stem cells
Xiao-Jing Wang, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver
Valerie Horsley, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University
Mayumi Ito, Ph.D.
Department of Dermatology, New York University
John McGrath, M.D.
St. John's Institute of Dermatology, Kings College London
Rui Yi, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado Boulder
Returning to the Oregon Coast
Salishan Spa & Golf Resort
Gleneden Beach, Oregon
2.5 hours from Portland, Oregon
The Montagna Symposium on the Biology of Skin is supported by Grant Number 5 R13 AR009431 from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases and the National Institute on Aging.